Monday, August 25, 2014

Upadesh Saar : Verse 10 (Day 1)

Su: Gurudev's thought for the day:
SAVE me help me please. As the slave of my passions, and a non-believer, all these years I know, I have no right to seek Thy help now. True,  I have no faith to meet Thee. I have nothing to offer except my own tears,  the fatigue of my indulgences, the canker of my selfishness, the sweat of my passions and the cords of my attachments. In fact, I don't really deserve to be saved,  yet,  Lord, Iam tired, trashed out completely, exhausted thoroughly - helplessly, wholly..... I surrender myself to Thee and Thy Grace.
Such a feeling of total surrender,  generated in this mental mood,  is called 'devotion' - true devotion of the heart.

GP: Ram, beautiful references to the bhajans

NP: Superb explanation Ram!

SS: Verse 10: it has been ascertained that the goal of the Yoga of action, devotion, ashtanga yoga and yoga of knowledge is the abidance of the mind in the heart(One's own Nature).

Hrt-sthale manah svasthataa kriya.
Bhakti-yoga-bodhaascha nischitam.

KG: Doubt, why is this verse in the middle? We are yet to cover Astanga and Gyana yoga in the text.

Referring to Swamiji's reply to my question on Karma Yoga, indeed Bhakti and Karma are merging their paths in this goal.
By reference of all the Four paths, is more to be inferred...

Read Guruji's explanation - "goal of all spiritual practices is this abidance in SELF...its validated by Masters."

So indicating that the next set of Yogas are also culminating at same goal.

I see a need for a synthetic (mix) of all these paths. One path may predominate but I feel at this stage all may be required in some dose. Is that fine? Or a longer or shorter route as compared 2 purists?

No comments:

Post a Comment